In the (Road) Studio: Simple, Clean Voiceover in a Bedroom
I hope my video editing skills do not draw your attention away from the brilliant themes I am bestowing upon the public with this video. No, that is not the same camera James Cameron used in Avatar. No, the VO is not Morgan Freeman. And no, I was not shooting inside the White House, though I understand how all of this can be confused. Actually this is a just a simple video I made just after doing some imaging VO. Someone asked me what I take on the road as the final product does sound pretty clean. Surprisingly clean. Below find the actual types out specs of what I have here and how I use it.
First, the keys to your surroundings:
- Be in a larger room. The smaller the more chance for slapback
- Be in a room with lots of cloth-like things ie clothing and padded furniture
- Speak in front of something padded like the back of a rocking chair
- If you only have an echoey mess of a room then cover yourself with a comforter or big thick coat
- Closets can work too I just don’t like trying to work inside them
- Laptop Computer (specs vary on software you want to run)
- Sennheiser 416 Mic
- Mic Stand
- Pro tools
- Mbox Mini
- Waves AudioTrack Plugin
- USB Cable
USB Splitter for your ilok and elicenser etc for production
Now the audio file I cut. It was just a slogan change for a station I voice.
As always I would love to see what you rock whilst traveling. There are better options for sure, so show us! Contact form in the menu.
Trackback from your site.